Monday, January 02, 2006

Guess who's back....

Back again...

Hehe.

So yes, I'm back home.

Finally.

After 3 weeks of messing around in HK, I'm finally home.

And oh, Happy New Year.

Celebration of the New Year in HK was definately fun. Roads were closed for the celebration, as there were 4 spots for people to party the night away. I was at Tsim Sha Tsui area, messing around with the youths there, but was too lazy to heard to the pier where the main party was because it was too crowded. Everyone was at the area, looking at the huge Times Square Tower which had a roof that changed colour every half an hour or so. However, when it was blinking, no one knew what to shout, so there wasn't much of a count down. LoL.

But still, after the count down, my family and I went on to mess around in the streets, which had shops still open, and also people still inside buying clothes. That's one huge difference between Singapore and Hong Kong, the amount of people in the streets at any one time. Hong Kong is insanely crowded from almost 10am till 2am in the morning, if the street you are on is a pretty crowded one, like that one in Mong Kok.

As usual, every trip back to Hong Kong will have me buying a few...discs, usually games and anime. Not much games this year worth looking for, so I went on a more anime hunt. Macross 7 and Vandread is officially mine, although I got an extra pack of Vandread season 1. Anyone interested? $40. Hehe. Seems like the shops that "died" was probably due to the WTO. A week later, they were all happily doing business again.

Funny thing was, the cops still don't like them. I was at Tsuen Wan buying the Vandread, when just 15 minutes later, as I was watching GSD Final Plus on a TV, the owner suddenly came in, switched off the mains, pulled the shuttler and walked off. Highly amusing, since there was a plainclothes officer nearby talking to some dudes selling PS2 games.

HK also had some of the cheapest arcade rates that I've seen in a while, and also had some pretty cool games. Of course, the pay per hour center was gone, and I had to use the traditional method of messing around and tossing in dollar coins. House of the Dead 4 was great, as well as Thrill Drive 4. The former had an upgrade from a shotgun to a submachine gun, while Thrill Drive 4 required you to use a seat belt. LoL. Of course, with such cheap rates, I obtained my level 99 on Ghost Squad there as well. Hehe.

When I was in Hong Kong, I was also blessed with the chance of a Gundam Expo. More on tomorrow, since pictures speak a thousand words, and I can't be bothered to type much.

So, 3 weeks, a whole freaking stack of DVDs (5 seasons of CSI, Macross 7, Vandread), and an Ipod Nano (Christmas present. My brother got a PSP...) later, the words of "Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be arriving at Changi International Airport shortly, please be seated, ensure that your seatbelts are fastened, your seats are back upright...." from an obviously experienced air stewardess as her words are as cool as smoke off ice, the words or a pro.

Time for 2006...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home